Christmas is coming and many people cook a turkey. If your house is anything like mine, that means having to deal with leftover turkey. This recipe uses left over chicken or turkey in a different way. It is so good it is worth cooking chicken just to make it. Also, it is very quick and easy.
I used my home made Marinara Sauce. You could use canned or jarred sauce. You could also buy a paint by numbers version of the Mona Lisa but why would you want to? Marinara sauce is easy to make. Make a big batch and keep it in your freezer. You’ll be glad you did.
I cut cooked chicken thighs into rough cubes.
I cooked the pasta according to the package instructions and drained it well.
Mix the chicken, pasta, marinara sauce and half of the mozzarella in a greased casserole.
Spread the remaining cheese over the top of the casserole.
Bake it at 350 F for 40 minutes or until the casserole is heated through and is bubbling.
I love this dish. It tastes great, the gooey cheese makes it comfort food and the tortiglioni is fun for kids. You don’t have to tell people how easy it is. Just serve it and take the kudos.
The Old Fat Guy
- 500 ml (2 cups) cooked chicken or turkey, rough dice
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) grated mozzarella cheese
- 500 ml (2 cups) tortiglioni pasta (measure it before it is cooked)
- 750 ml (3 cups) marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cook the pasta using the instructions on the box.
- Drain the pasta well.
- Mix the chicken or turkey, half the cheese, the pasta and the marinara sauce in a greased casserole.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the casserole.
- Bake for 40 minutes until the casserole is heated through and bubbling.