I have already created my Christmas cocktail for the holiday season, the Aviation Santa Sighting. However, you also need a hot seasonal drink for those cold winter days. Enter the Hot Candy Cane.
I wanted a hot drink that wasn’t the normal sweet kids drink. I love hot chocolate and I love marshmallows in it but I wanted something with an adult kick.
I mixed Fireball Whisky and Peppermint Schnapps to hot chocolate, threw in marshmallows and a candy cane.
This was just what I wanted. It has the satisfying comfort of hot chocolate with a touch of fire from the Fireball Whisky. The peppermint schnapps and the candy cane give it a Christmas taste. This is not a kids hot chocolate. They don’t deserve it!
The Old Fat Guy
- 25 ml (1/2 ounce) peppermint schnapps
- 25 ml (1/2 ounce) Fireball Whisky
- 125 ml (4 ounces) hot chocolate
- miniature marshmallows
- candy cane
- Mix peppermint schnapps and Fireball Whisky in bottom of a mug.
- Top with hot chocolate.
- Float marshmallows on hot chocolate and put a candy cane in the cup.