We were cooking a steak. One of the problems with cooking a steak is that it should rest between cooking and eating it. What do you do while the steak is resting? I have tried cuddling with She Who Must Be Obeyed. It took a while to heal. This night, I decided to make some great garlic toast. It is the first time I tried it on my Louisiana Grills Pellet Smoker.
Before you start cooking the steak, Slice 4 slices of French or Italian bread. Put 75 ml (1/3 cup) butter in a microwave safe container. Finely mince 1 clove of garlic and throw it in the butter. Microwave the butter until melted.
Cook your steak. You should be cooking your steak at high temperature. I had the grill set for 550 F. If you are using lower temperature for some reason, turn it up as soon as you take the steak off.
Brush one side of each slice of bread with the butter/garlic mixture. Put the bread on the grill buttered side down. Brush the top with butter. Grill until the bread is marked on one side and turn.
Brush the grilled side again and grill until the other side is marked.
Take off and serve warm.
This is so easy and so good. The outside is crisp while the center is soft and buttery. Also, it is more fun that watching a piece of meat rest.
The Old Fat Guy
- 4 slices French or Italian Bread
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Put the butter and garlic in a microwave safe container.
- Cover and microwave until the butter is melted.
- Brush one side of each slice of bread with the butter mixture.
- Place on a hot grill buttered side down.
- Brush the top of the slices with butter.
- Turn when the bottom is marked and toasted.
- Brush the toasted side again and grill until the other side is marked and toasted.
- Serve warm