Although it is colder, I still find myself at the grill. Us Canadians are a hardy lot! I decided I needed something extra on my potatoes to reward my hardship. I made Cheesy Grilled Potatoes.
I started with 4 large egg sized soft skinned potatoes. I cut them in half lengthwise. I put olive oil in a foil pie pan until it was 1/8 inch deep. I put the potatoes in the pan, cut sized down, in one layer. If you wanted to do more, you could use a roasting pan.
I covered the pan with foil and put it on the top shelf of my Weber Genesis Grill that had been preheated to medium.
I cooked the potatoes for 40 to 45 minutes with the grill closed. You are looking for a golden crust on the potatoes.
Take the foil off and turn the potatoes over, cut side up. Sprinkle the grated cheddar and chopped green onions over the potatoes and put them back in the grill until the cheese was melted and gooey, five to 10 minutes.
I served it with some great salads and grilled chicken thighs.
These are so easy and so delicious. They can be used as a side dish or an appetizer. I love them!
The Old Fat Guy
- 4 large egg sized soft skinned potatoes
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 250 ml (1 cup) grated cheddar cheese
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) finely chopped green onions or chives
- Wash the potatoes and slice them lengthwise.
- Put the oil in a foil pie pan.
- Put the potatoes cut side down in the pan. Cover with foil and put on the top rack of a gas bbq preheated to medium.
- Cook for 40 to 45 minutes with the lid closed. You are looking for a golden crust on the potatoes.
- Remove the foil and flip the potatoes cut side up.
- Sprinkle the cheese and green onions over the potatoes.
- Put them back in the barbecue and cook for 5 to 10 minutes until the cheese is soft and gooey.