The director of my community TV show “You Can Make It” on ShawTV uses two or three dishes per episode. He asked me to do a shorter recipe as it makes it easier to fit the episodes together. Easy Salt and Pepper Wings immediately came to mind.
I started by mixing a quick rub of garlic powder and onion powder. I sprinkled that over the wing segments.
I heated my Weber Genesis Grill to low and cooked the wings for 10 to 15 minutes, turning occasionally. I checked to make sure the internal temperature was over 170 F before taking them off the grill.
I tossed the wings in the melted butter mixed with the vinegar and then sprinkled them with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
Easy doesn’t mean a dish doesn’t look and taste great. These have a richness from the butter and that great old fashioned taste of salt and pepper we learned to love. These are the perfect wing for those that don’t like hot wings. They have just the slightest heat from the pepper but great flavour.
The Old Fat Guy
- 12 chicken wing segments
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) garlic powder
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) onion powder
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) melted butter
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) cider vinegar
- 5 ml (1 tsp) kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Sprinkle the wing segments with onion and garlic powders.
- Cook on a grill preheated to low for 10 to 15 minutes until golden and the internal temperature is over 170 F.
- Toss the segments in the melted butter mixed with the vinegar and put on a plate.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.