I made Bernardin Peach Pie Filling in my prior post. Of course, I had to make a dessert. I love cobbler so I cobbled one together.
I started by preheating my oven to 425 F.
Then I put the pie filling in a greased casserole dish. You can use the recipe from my prior post or you can buy commercial peach pie filling.
I used my home canned pie filling and you need to add some cornstarch to the filling. You can skip this if you are using commercial pie filling.
Then I mixed the sugar, baking power and salt together in a bowl. I put the cold butter in and used a pastry blender to cut the butter in until it was about the texture of oatmeal. I added the water and mixed it in lightly to form a crumbly dough.
I crumbled that dough over the surface of the pie filling.
I mixed the cinnamon and brown sugar and sprinkled that over the dough.
I baked it until the top was browned and cooked, about 30 minutes.
I always thought the reason I liked cobblers was they were so easy. However, I was wrong. It is the great fruit taste topped by a crispy coated biscuit layer. Sigh. I wish I had some left.
The Old Fat Guy
- 1 litre (4 cups) Bernardin Peach Pie Filling or commercial peach pie filling
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) cornstarch (not needed with commercial pie filling)
- 250 ml (1 cup) all purpose flour
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) sugar
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) baking powder
- 2 ml (1/2 teaspoon) salt
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) cold butter
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) water
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) brown sugar
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Put the pie filling in a greased casserole. If using home canned Bernardin Peach Pie Filling, add the cornstarch to the pie filling and stir in. This is not necessary if using commercial pie filling.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
- Cut the butter into the flour mixture with a pastry blender until crumbly and the consistency of dry oatmeal.
- Lightly mix the water in to make a crumbly dough.
- Crumble the dough over the pie filling.
- Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over the top of the dough.
- Cook until the dough is cooked and browned, about 30 minutes.