I am behind in my postings so I am just getting to my creation for Cinqo de Mayo. Sorry. To make the wings (next post) I was planning, I needed Taco Seasoning. So I made some.
It is incredibly easy. Just mix the ingredients together. It can be used on chicken, fish, beef or pork. You can use it to make fajitas, enchiladas, burritos and taquitos. Did I mention you can use it in tacos?
As you can see from the picture, it is important to store it in a fancy dedicated container with a custom label.
I like this taco seasoning because it has a touch less cumin than some of the commercial ones and I think that gives a better flavour balance.
The Old Fat Guy
- 25 ml (2 tablespoons) chili powder
- 1 ml (1/4 teaspoon) garlic powder
- 1 ml (1/4 teaspoon) onion powder
- 1 ml (1/4 teaspoon) crushed red chilies
- 1 ml (1/4 teaspoon) dried oregano
- 2 ml (1/2 teaspoon) paprika
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) cumin
- 1 ml (1/4 teaspoon) ground coriander
- 2 ml (1/2 teaspoon) salt
- 1 ml (1/4 teaspoon) ground pepper
- Mix all ingredients together.