We are back to some of the more classic cocktails. The El Presidente Martini is a drink that has been around for a long time. There are several different drinks called an El Presidente, this is a simple martini version.
I started by chilling a couple of martini glasses.
I half filled a cocktail shaker with ice and added the rum, vermouth and bitters. I stirred until frost started to form on the shaker.
I strained the cocktail into the martini glass and added a maraschino cherry to the cocktail.
This is a delicious martini. The rum gives a nice smooth flavour with a touch of sweetness. I will be making these again.
- 50 ml (2 ounces) amber rum
- 25 ml (1 ounce) dry vermouth
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- 1 maraschino cherry
- Chill a martini glass.
- Half fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Put the rum, vermouth and bitters in the shaker.
- Stir until the shaker is very cold and frost is forming.
- Strain the cocktail into the martini glass.
- Add the cherry and serve.