The warm weather continues here in the Rockies and so does our sojourn through classic cocktail inebriation. The current effort, a Gin Fizz.
I started by juicing the lemons.
I put the lemon juice, gin and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker half full of ice and shook until the shaker was frosty cold.
I strained the mixture into a glass with 2 ice cubes and added the club soda.
Delicious and refreshing! Both my friend and I thought this was one of the best cocktails we’ve made.
- 50 ml (2 oz) gin
- 25 ml (1 oz) lemon juice
- 10 ml (2 tsp simple) syrup
- 125 ml (4 oz club) soda
- ice cubes
- lemon slice
- Put gin, lemon juice and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker 1/2 filled with ice.
- Shake until the shaker is very cold.
- Strain the mixture into a glass with two ice cubes in it.
- Add the club soda and garnish with a lemon slice.