She Who Must Be Obeyed must love me. She made me Rhubarb Pecan Muffins. This is a recipe she has been making for years and I always look forward to a batch.
I am sorry but there are no preparation pictures. The missus is camera shy and thinks that I am crazy for taking pictures of all our food. She is likely right.
The recipe is at the end of this post.
This is a cake style muffin. The rhubarb gives a nice sour bit to contrast the sweet cake muffin which has orange overtones. MMMMMuffins! I really like these.
The Old Fat Guy
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pecans, fine chop
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 1/4 cups rhubarb, fine chop
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nuts.
- Beat egg in another bowl. Add orange zest, oil, and orange juice and mix.
- Add liquid to flour in one pour and mix just until batter is moist.
- Stir in rhubarb.
- Spray 12 large muffin tins with baking spray
- Divide batter between muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 F for 25 to 30 minutes.