Barbecue season is back! Hooray! We all love the meat and seafood cooked on the grill but the side dishes are often given less attention. We love garlic bread so we must have a version for the barbecue.
The recipe is at the end of this post.
I started by cutting a four inch section of French or Italian bread lengthwise.
I mixed the butter, mayonnaise, cheese and Italian seasoning blend into a paste and spread on the bread.
Wrap the bread in foil and put on the warming rack of a barbecue that is on medium to medium high.
Turn it every 5 minutes for 20 to 25 minutes. Unwrap it and cut it into two portions.
We served it with grilled chicken scallopini (recipe in the next post) and deli style coleslaw.
This is so easy, so good and the cheese makes it a little gooey. Make some!
The Old Fat Guy
- 4 inch section of French or Italian Loaf
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar or your favourite cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- Slice bread section lengthwise.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Spread on bread.
- Wrap in foil.
- Put on the the warming rack of a grill heated to medium to medium high.
- Close the lid and turn ever 5 minutes for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Unwrap and slice into two portions.