I really like Fleischmann’s yeasts site, Breadworld. They have many tested recipes and I have never had one of their recipes fail on me. So, when I was going to a friends for wine and wanted to take a treat that would travel well. I went to their site. I found a recipe for Fresh Apple Pockets and gave it a try. Continue reading Fresh Apple Pockets
Often you can get apples for free this time of year. At the least, they are cheaper in the stores. Why not dehydrate some and have them all year? It has to be easy, I do it. Continue reading Dehydrated Apple Slices
It is the time of year that apples ripen. A mystery tree showed up in my back yard a few years ago and then started producing very tasty apples. It was obviously time for an apple crisp but I wanted something different. I went to the Crosby’s Molasses site and found a recipe for Molasses Apple Crisp. It had to be tried. Continue reading Molasses Apple Crisp From Crosby’s Molasses
Pears with Raspberry Sauce
This tastes totally decadent, like something you’d eat in an expensive restaurant, yet it’s healthy & easy to make. It makes a wonderful breakfast, anytime snack or healthy dessert.
Serves: 2 to 4
2 ripe Bartlett pears (skin should just be starting to turn yellow)
Juice from 1/4 of an organic lemon (approx 2 tsp)
1/2 cup frozen whole red raspberries, thawed (takes about 1 hour) – plus 8 extra for serving
2 Medjool dates, pitted & chopped (see Tip# 1)
2 tsp pomegranate blueberry juice
1. Cut pears in half lengthwise, peel & core. Place them in a glass pie plate or small shallow baking dish & drizzle with lemon juice.
2. Microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes. You’ll know they’re done when they’re soft & you see some liquid in the bottom of the plate.
3. Using a slotted spoon; remove pears to your serving dishes, reserving the liquid.
4. In a blender or bullet; add the 1/2 cup raspberries, dates, pomegranate/blueberry juice & all the liquid from the cooked pears. Blend until smooth.
5. Top pears with raspberry sauce. Garnish each pear half with 2 whole raspberries & serve immediately.
Tips & Suggestions
1. Medjool dates are larger than regular dates & have a magnificent creamy caramel taste to them. You can find them in the produce section of most larger supermarkets.
You may have noticed I haven’t posted for a while. I have been sick with a terrible cold. I am getting over it and decided I needed a treat. So, I made Caramel Apple Rolls. Continue reading Caramel Apple Rolls
Is there anything better than those little squares we make for the holidays? I think not. Check out The Food Bloggers of Canada Holiday Bar & Square Round Up. It includes my post for Mincemeat Matrimonial Cake.
Some people love Christmas because of the gifts. Others, its the decorations. For me, it is the food! I did my Christmas Tarts to be ready for company. Continue reading Christmas Tarts