The very enjoyable collaboration between my site and Foodie Home Chef continues! She has kindly supplied this wonderful pork recipe as a guest contributor. I love this style of pork an know you will too! I strongly recommend her site for many great recipes! Continue reading Carne Adobado From Foodie Home Chef
Pears with Raspberry Sauce
This tastes totally decadent, like something you’d eat in an expensive restaurant, yet it’s healthy & easy to make. It makes a wonderful breakfast, anytime snack or healthy dessert.
Serves: 2 to 4
2 ripe Bartlett pears (skin should just be starting to turn yellow)
Juice from 1/4 of an organic lemon (approx 2 tsp)
1/2 cup frozen whole red raspberries, thawed (takes about 1 hour) – plus 8 extra for serving
2 Medjool dates, pitted & chopped (see Tip# 1)
2 tsp pomegranate blueberry juice
1. Cut pears in half lengthwise, peel & core. Place them in a glass pie plate or small shallow baking dish & drizzle with lemon juice.
2. Microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes. You’ll know they’re done when they’re soft & you see some liquid in the bottom of the plate.
3. Using a slotted spoon; remove pears to your serving dishes, reserving the liquid.
4. In a blender or bullet; add the 1/2 cup raspberries, dates, pomegranate/blueberry juice & all the liquid from the cooked pears. Blend until smooth.
5. Top pears with raspberry sauce. Garnish each pear half with 2 whole raspberries & serve immediately.
Tips & Suggestions
1. Medjool dates are larger than regular dates & have a magnificent creamy caramel taste to them. You can find them in the produce section of most larger supermarkets.
My foodie friend and talented blogger, Simone of Foodie Home Chef has kindly supplied another of her creative recipes for my humble blog. Check out her great site for many more examples of her culinary skills! Continue reading Za’atar Chicken & Pasta Salad by Foodie Home Chef
I have been honoured to have a great cook and foodie share some of her recipes with my followers. Simone of Foodie Home Chef has been generous enough to allow me to post another of her great creations. I really suggest you check her blog out. There are so many tasty tidbits and her photography is beautiful!
Here is the URL: http://foodiehomechef.com
I am really impressed with this recipe. It has such a great use of varied colours and textures. Plus, anyone who roasts vegetables knows about building flavour. I know you will like her post! Continue reading Quinoa with Chicken & Roasted Vegetable Medley by Foodie Home Chef
One of the best things about social media is you get to meet talented fun people. I have had the distinct pleasure of making contact with a great foodie and blogger, Simone of Foodie Home Chef. Continue reading Creamy Carrot Soup By Foodie Home Chef